Tuesday, October 14, 2008

I Hate Diet Coke's New Bottle Caps

I know some of you will think this is retarded, but I cant hold my tongue any longer. Diet Coke is a huge part of my life. It sits on a hallowed shrine right next to my Korean BBQ. I drink so much of the stuff that I actually have a callus on my right hand from opening the bottles. Yes, I realize I have a problem...but I'm happy with my addiction so don't go scheduling an intervention cuz I will not being going into rehab.
Back to my point, has anyone noticed that they've changed the bottle caps? I spend almost as much time trying to put the damn caps back on the bottles as I do drinking the stuff. It pisses me off multiple times per day...so you know what I did? I complained. This is what I got back:

Thank you for contacting The Coca-Cola Company, Ms. P-. We sincerely appreciate your candid feedback regarding our packaging.
We apologize for any inconvenience experienced with our packaging. When evaluating a package, we consider many factors. Most important are those relating to safety and to the environment.
As a consumer-oriented Company, we're challenged to appeal to as many consumers in our vast target market as possible. Your constructive criticism helps us know when we're not successful in accomplishing this difficult task.
Your feedback is very important to us, and we have shared your comments with our Packaging Department. Should you have additional questions or comments, please feel free to contact us again.
Greg
Industry and Consumer Affairs
The Coca-Cola Company

In other words they don't give a shit. Seriously, if I could kick the Diet Coke habit I would...I'd switch to Diet Pepsi if I thought I could handle the horrid taste. At least THEIR bottle caps weren't designed by 'tards.

No comments: